Fat Buu is the soft-hearted incarnation of Buu. While his love of sweets is admirable, deep down within him is the evil of Buu which gets brought out later in the series.
He is completely seperate from Evil Buu and has a separate XP counter and character slot. While he shares certain moves with Evil Buu he also has unique moves of his own.
– Kamehameha (beam, 16cc, 20pow, 100acc)
– Potbelly Attack (melee, 16cc, 20pow, 100acc)
– Sweet Beam (beam, 19cc, 25pow, 90acc)
– Crasher Buu (melee, 20cc, 25pow, 100acc)
– Super Energy Ball (beam, 23cc, 30pow, 95acc)
– Flesh Guard (item, 9cc, Guard Power Up, 100acc)
– Breath (dodge, 5cc, avoid beam)
– Resurrection (item, 10cc, recover health, 100acc)
As you can see, Fat Buu has a lot more moves than most people would assume. Some moves are unique to him, such as Potbelly Attack, which counts as a beam when it comes to avoiding the attack (but is listed as a melee attack).
Sweet Beam is a good move with a cost halfway between low and high, offering a nice balance of the two. S.Kamehameha works well as his main beam attack while Crasher Buu works well as his main melee move.
His defensive cards are numerous, Breath to negate beams, Resurrection to heal wounds and Flesh Guard to increase defense. Fat Buu is a formidable opponent and a good choice for battle mode.